14 fashion items not to forget for your wedding in Vegas
As you add the finishing touches to your wedding day checklist, make sure you add “create a bridal emergency bag for your wedding in Vegas.” For brides that are getting ready to say “I do,” thoughts typically revolve around vendors, decorations, the dress, bridal party, menus, etc, but with so much on their minds, brides often forget to pack some necessities. What issues might pop up as you’re getting ready to walk down the aisle, and what essentials might you need?
Fashion flaw advice: When planning a wedding in Vegas, I find brides often choose the perfect dress months in advance, not to mention the thought that goes into finding a coordinating veil, shoes, and accessories. That being said, a fashion mishap the day of the wedding can be a nightmare for brides, especially if they’re at a wedding in Vegas where they don’t have ready access to their home sewing kit and seamstress. Although we do have plenty of pharmacies on the Las Vegas strip or specialty stores it will be a huge time saver to bring these items along for the unexpected circumstances that do occur when you travel.
Prepare for any fashion flaws with a travel-size sewing kit that can handle any tears, snags or loose threads. Keep acomfortable strapless bra in your bridal tote for extra support once you slip into your dress one last time. Many brides swear by white duct tape for securing their train for dancing or tucking in the loose fabric.
Beauty Blunders Some brides are lucky enough to have a makeup artist on deck, ready to fix any smudged eyeliner or smeared lips. But if you’re doing your own makeup, or have a slip up after your artist leaves, it’s important to be prepared.
A concealer stick is perfect for quickly covering up blemishes, red spots or dark circles under the eyes. It can also be used to brighten parts of your skin for a glowing look.
Water-resistant mascara is a must, especially if you’re a bride that’s likely to cry. Keep your makeup in place with a mascara you know will hold up to tears (test it out beforehand!).
Makeup remover wipe: For instances when your makeup doesn’t stay in place, be ready to wipe unwanted streaksaway with a makeup remover wipe (here’s a fun DIY to make your own makeup remover!). These are also great for the end of the night when you’re ready for a lighter look!
Hair Hacks There are so many options for hairstyles, ranging from intricate updos to loose braids or wearing your hair down with flowing curls. No matter what way you style your locks, you’re going to want them in place and out of your face as you go about your wedding.
Hairpins and a hair tie are essential for pinning back fallen strands of hair or throwing your hair up when you head out onto the dancefloor. You can’t go wrong with a large hair clip either if you’re getting your makeup done before your hairstylist steps in.
A lot of couples who choose to have a wedding in Vegas choose aLas Vegas outdoor wedding, which means you might be saying “I do” under the beating sun. Make sure your skin is protected for all occasions.
Sunscreen is a must to prevent sunburns and the Las Vegas sun is brutal, but moisturizer is also essential for glowing skin. On a side note, if you’re getting married outside in Vegas, consider sunglasses as cute wedding favors for all of your guests!
Comfort and Care
Make sure you’re comfortable and prepared for the unexpected, not only as you’re getting ready, but for later on in the night as you celebrate during your reception. You’d be surprised how much you’ll be on your feet from the Vegas wedding ceremony to taking photos and then throughout the reception. From dancing and socializing, your feet are going to tire out, especially if you’re wearing uncomfortable shoes. Insider tip: wear them around the house beforehand to break them in!
Blisters are bound to happen, especially if you’re wearing heels. Consider fitting your shoes with cushioned heel pads, but bring a mini first aid kit as backup. As you’re running around double-checking the venue or rounding up your bridal party, it might be a good idea to have some cute bride flip flops in your bag too! These will also come in handy at the end of the night after hours of dancing.
Summing it all up:
In sum, here is a list of all the essentials mentioned above that you should include in your bridal day bag. And don’t forget to find a cute tote to hold it all in!
Travel-sized sewing kit
Comfortable strapless bra
White duct tape
Makeup remover wipes
Large hair clip
Cushioned heel pads
Mini first aid kit
Bride flip flops
We would love your advice and feedback!
If you’re a bride-to-be planning a Las Vegas destination wedding what are your concerns about getting prepared for the big day? Share your ideas in the comment section of this post.
And for those that are already married, what do you wish you had on your big day?
Many wedding couples are now considering having a DIY wedding. Some wedding couples may start the research and desire to book a cheap Las Vegas wedding venue on their own.
Las Vegas with its Casino world, the hub of glamorous shows and foodie hotspots can be a perfect destination for your event. You see fireworks and stars when you look at your partner. So, why not take advantage of the spot where the lights never die?
Preparing for any wedding is oftentimes is an uphill task. It can create a lot of stress for couples who don’t know the options available for a city they don’t live in. I have spoken to many engaged couples who tell me they feel overwhelmed with the options when they start to research where to get married, especially if they are looking for cheap Las Vegas wedding venues.
I created this article to help my engaged couples with essential advice they need to choose the best location that will be accommodating for their needs if they are on a tight budget. Many couples opt to have a Las Vegas elopement instead of a big wedding.
Almost every facility in Las Vegas comes at a hefty price for most couples. Having a $2000 budget is a very low one to have for a Vegas event and if you want to incorporate food and alcohol you will need to increase your budget if you are considering a venue for your Las Vegas wedding on the strip. If you plan to have a large guest count you will need a larger budget than $2000 and still have a wedding in the heart of the city. However, you certainly can have a budget this size with a Las Vegas elopement.
If you want to have a larger guest count and still have a wedding within this budget there are some options to consider however. That is when the appeal of cheap Las Vegas wedding venues emerge. Choosing any of these options presented in this article will keep your ceremony costs down and allow you to implement more embellishments for your reception. However, we at Custom Las Vegas Weddings help out customers plan their Vegas wedding in this price range and even below this price range frequently. If you are willing to venture away from the Vegas Strip and will consider pairing your ceremony venue with a buffet or restaurant away from the main boulevard then you will have more luck planning your wedding within your budget successfully.
Weddings can turn out to be very expensive for couples on a tight budget. So, understandably, many couples are searching for alternate options. Chapels seem to be the go- to solution for a lot of couples. However, chapels typically only cover the ceremony and not the reception. Banquet facilities also offer all in one solutions but seem to get expensive with the periphery items like buying photos after the wedding.
So, what do you do? Where do you go to plan your Las Vegas event if you have a tight budget? Those are great questions. If you desire the answer, read this article for great ideas to fit your budget.
Affordable Las Vegas Venue Ideas
Using a Wedding Planner is a great solution for the budget conscious wedding couple. Having a wedding planner actually does help save couples money because they get special pricing discounts through the expertise and connections of a planner. Planners know the budget saving options and pass them along to their clients so you win in the end to have one. A wedding planner will also help you if you plan to have a Las Vegas elopement and keep it simple. Wedding planners can bring you options you may not have considered and still keep it in budget for you.
The following 11 Las Vegas wedding venue ideas may help you brainstorm if you are considering a DIY wedding and are preparing to wed in Las Vegas but are cash strapped:
1. Hotel suite: Have a Las Vegas Strip wedding and consider having your ceremony and reception in your hotel suite, and host the reception in a local restaurant or buffet. Loved ones will be on time and not have to worry about travel costs. Many restaurants also have separate rooms to rent for receptions or can make a section of the restaurant work for you.
2. Local banquet room: Use a local establishment that will let you bring in outside vendors for your ceremony and reception. There are some facilities that are considered gems in my opinion. They will allow a Las Vegas Wedding planner use their facility with a flat rate venue rental charge. Custom Las Vegas Weddings collaborates with these venues. These are a great fit for smaller Las Vegas elopement weddings or micro weddings for wedding couples who are budget conscious. Give yourself the Disney Princess treatment without the crazy costs.
3. Nelson Ghost Town: There are quite a lot of themed ideas you might consider ranging from Elvis to impersonators. You may consider having your ceremony in a Western Town. Nelson Ghost Town is a fun venue to choose for an elopement in Las Vegas. They also have a unique old western chapel to have your ceremony. Only a local wedding planner would know how to assist you in pulling it together well.
Featuring Nelson Ghost Town
4. Elopement Photo tour: Have the ceremony at one of the iconic public ceremony locations in Vegas. We will customize the experience for you, adding in transportation and the best suggestions for photos on the Vegas Strip. Some venues like Red Rock Canyon also pair very well with a photo tour add on. You may make the final destination stop at the restaurant theme of your choice.
5. Local Parks: Use a local park for the ceremony and reception. This is a great choice because it gives you the freedom to customize the ceremony to your theme and vision. For example, a Red Rock State Park DIY wedding provides a beautiful backdrop as the sun sets to play with primary colors and enjoy the natural scenery.
6. Neon Musuem photos: For an Iconic Retro feel, pair your ceremony with an iconic landmark like the Neon Museum. Our Neon Museum packages are another options to consider. You may get married in the Art District followed by a photo tour at the Neon Boneyard. The Neon Museum appeals to couples who want something iconic for their wedding photos and what better than capturing the history of Neon Vegas signs. The Neon Museum has collected all the vintage signs retrieved from the imploded closed down hotels over the years. They have a north gallery and a main gallery. Each gallery has it’s hourly restrictions and yet it’s a great option for the adventurous couple who want a unique wedding in Las Vegas.
If you’re an adventurously artistic couple that would prefer to eat the night away then you have come to the right city. Custom Las Vegas Weddings has been expertly paired with Lip Smacking Foodie Tours to give you a unique Vegas elopement experience that you would be unable to duplicate in any other city in the world! In the most artistically decorated area of our city, the Arts District, plan your wedding for a Friday or Saturday night and choose your favorite mural downtown… or lock your love together tightly next to our famous Love Locket Sculpture right outside of Container Park; when you choose either of these locations to recite your vows you will be certain to have a uniquely artistic elopement that screams “Vegas!”. What’s most amazing, this is just the beginning of your evening. While some couples are so distracted with photography and mingling they often forget to eat at all, we will be certain that doesn’t happen to you! Food, Art + Love are the only ways to describe your perfect wedded evening with us. Booking your Art District Elopement Foodie Tour will ensure that you celebrate your new commitment by being guided through Downtown Las Vegas’ most artistic sites, as well as, most eclectic and unique restaurants. You and your new partner will try Vegas’ famous signature dishes that are inspired as “art on canvas” across downtown. Each restaurant will serve you as a VIP, never waiting in line. Compliments to the chef? Tell them yourselves! You may have more than one opportunity to meet the food artists responsible for accenting your evening with a bit of sugar and spice as you venture from one restaurant to the next. Not only will we make sure you’ve left with a full belly, we will be certain to satisfy your sweet tooth by making one final stop at a classic English-style bakery. There’s no need to wait for seconds on this opportunity! Let us guide you through our most artistic area of the city to celebrate your love while inspiring your senses!
8. Pair your ceremony with an Elvis Theme ceremony and personal Elvis guided memorabilia tour. Elvis will provide the theme ceremony with songs and keepsake souvenirs. It’s a Vegas classic. We can pair your experience with a local Las Vegas Chapel or even an outdoor wedding. Elvis is there to tie the knot for you with a fun wedding, a choice of 3-4 songs. This is not a cheesy quick wedding either. Elvis will serenade you and still ask you many questions before hand to get to know you and incorporate when you tell him into the ceremony. This option makes for a very fun and engaging experience. After the wedding you might even want to go on a fun photo tour to capture memories with a Las Vegas photo tour.
9. Midcentury Manor is a fantastic option to host the ceremony only. You may add on a wedding reception. Hiring Custom Las Vegas Weddings as your Vegas wedding planner means you will have the support you need leading up to the event and final details to make it happen seamlessly. This beautiful midcentury home was turned into a classy venue and it’s located about 10 minutes from the Las Vegas Strip. They will give you the VIP treatment without breaking the bank.
10. Red Rock Canyon: Enjoy a scenic wedding excursion and pair it with a restaurant after your scenic marriage ceremony. Destination weddings are about the experience, and the picturesque scenery will make the journey all the more memorable. You may even have a Vegas wedding coordinator plan the event affordably. A good coordinator will offer customers a variety of cheap Las Vegas wedding venues, transportation options and collaborate with many other wedding vendors to provide everything you need for and excellent experience.
11. Choose a vintage ghost town wedding: Enjoy the whimsy and haunting, vintage mystery of the environment which you can reflect in your decorations and wedding attire. You never hear anyone complain about barbecue, either. Be sure to visit our other articles about Nelson Ghost Town. This venue is phenomenal, with so many props to pose with and things to see. You won’t believe how much there is to do there and how much fun it is to explore.
From minister fees, extra photo payments, DJ payments and Las Vegas officiant fees to boutonniere and a bouquet for the bride, hidden fees are commonplace. To stay safe from paying for what you hadn’t budgeted for, ask for a breakdown of everything that you will be charged for. Additionally, research the company well and let them know of your concerns.
Finding the Right Vendor Through Good Reviews and Feedback
It is possible to get robbed blind in the midst of the confusion about hosting a memorable wedding in Las Vegas. However, when you use a trusted vendor, you will not experience any glitches.
A reputable vendor often has a solid reputation as a professional with excellent reviews, a website and doesn’t charge lower or exorbitant rates. Use the web and ask for reviews from those who have been there before. Just because you’re budget conscious doesn’t mean that your wedding has to be bland or boring. Plan a DIY Vegas wedding and use a Las Vegas wedding planner for your most essential needs. Simple doesn’t mean boring with a little outside of the box creativity, especially with our know-how at Custom Las Vegas Wedding.
Many couples who choose to get married in Las Vegas are looking for the best deals they can get. When they start looking they realize there are many Cheap Vegas wedding packages and choices available. These package and companies are abundant in Las Vegas, but do you really want to sacrifice style and elegance for your one and only wedding by settling? Many couples want to know the cost of getting married in Las Vegas.
Most likely your budget is tight, but understandably, you don’t want to let go of those details that will make your marriage truly unique, special and memorable. Not to say there is anything wrong with the choice of utilizing a great deal either. After all, it serves you well to know you are receiving the best deal and are educated about the lowest cost wedding and reception venues in Las Vegas.
Quite a few of the cheap Vegas wedding packages that you will come across and consider in your research may not have what you’re looking for. So, why not think about using a company that offers customizable services? This idea will give you the choice to go all out for the most important aspects of your day, giving you the freedom to decide what those are for yourself.
Can you have your cake and eat it, too? Yes.
It can be costly to get married in Vegas, especially if you’re considering a royal-style wedding in Las Vegas. (Who designed Meghan Markle’s dress again?) But you can still feel and look royal on a budget.
The beauty of a Vegas marriage celebration is that there’s always something available for everyone, and it doesn’t matter if you’re short on time or a budget. You can still get it done — and fabulously. Here’s how to make the most of cheap Vegas wedding packages.
Springs Preserve Wedding Facility in Las Vegas
Overcoming Vegas Wedding Sticker Shock
A lot of wedding couples start their search looking forwedding packages in Las Vegas. Then, they get overwhelmed. The time spent searching on Google, calling and waiting for return correspondence from all the companies is enough to feel like pulling your hair out. A lot of people just give up. People researching getting married in Vegas are inundated with Las Vegas planning companies reaching out to them via email and voicemail. If this describes you, perhaps the thought, “Maybe we’ll just let Elvis marry us and go to a chapel after all.” Sometimes the overwhelm leaves people feeling they can’t deal with the stress of planning it all and they settle for receiving less photos or service just so they can make a final decision and let the stress go.
Choosing the cheap Vegas wedding packages option may be the wisest choice for many due to economic concerns of the day. And you can still have an elegant and classy celebration. Those two words do go together. Consider these desert elopement ideas here as affordable alternatives to the expensive options traditionally considered.
It’s natural to worry about how much your event will cost. The average American wedding costs over $25,000and the average wedding in Nevada is just under that at $23,008. The dress purchase averages $1,183 in Nevada. Is there such a thing as an inexpensive wedding venue in Las Vegas?
Don’t close your browser window just yet. Sticker shock is understandably a thing when you get a little too happy with your Vegas research. You’d much rather put that kind of money toward a house, student loans, retirement and other dreams.
Floyd Lamb State Park in Las Vegas
Bundling in the case of choosing a package isn’t like bundling your cable, internet and phone. The price to get married in Vegas can be affordable and you don’t have to sacrifice quality and what you needand desire the most.
Budgeting for affordability
Cheap Vegas weddings packages can give you the most bang for your buck. You should prioritize what you want most for your wedding. Start with making a list, but don’t immediately disregard an idea because you assume the idea will cost too much.
Venues can be one of the most costly aspects of planning, but imagine your event at a national park with the beautiful colors of the desert. Affordable and beautiful? Check. The same goes for your photos, flowers, reception and stay.
There are cheap places to get married in Las Vegas, like wedding chapels for instance, but if you want a more elegant and unique choice for your experience in Las Vegas you will benefit from the guidance of a Las Vegas event planner who will show you the way to have an elegant wedding without the high price.
Do you have to settle for less?
No, you don’t have to settle for a cookie cutter wedding package. The first thing you need to do is figure out what your budget is. How much do you have to spend and what is most important for you to spend it on?
There are wedding event companies in Las Vegas that do allow you to customize your wedding experience. These companies will help you find the lowest cost event and reception venues there are to find. Let’s go back to that desert scene. Many couples are drawn to Red Rock for their destination wedding. Flowers can be customized based on native plants or your favorites in the form of fresh flowers or a silk bouquet. If you’ve been planning the bouquet to match your dress since the age of six, you don’t have to give that dream up.
Red Rock Canyon outdoor wedding location for a simple wedding wedding in Las Vegas
You don’t have to sacrifice that childhood dream. Have the ceremony right as the sun is about to set, and take photos along a scenic drive one of Las Vegas’ scenic parks. This is a great idea if you are looking for a Las Vegas wedding venue for a small occasion. Imagine those beautiful dusky orange and red hues of beautifulRed Rock canyonfor instance, as a backdrop against something borrowed and blue. Red Rock is the perfect location to experience a Las Vegas desert elopement wedding. Those are just a few examples of how you can customize your experience.
Being able to customize your experience is not the standard experience many couples find when they start searching in our city. Many chapel weddings will not allow customization of wedding packages. They force you to stick to the packages they offer, which is more of a cookie cutter approach. You may not want to settle for that experience if it means you are losing out on the greatest experience possible for your dream wedding. You might prefer to have your vintage wedding experience in Las Vegas, for instance.
Nelson Ghost Town wedding location
The cost of getting married in Las Vegas can give you sticker shock at first. It’s like relying on Dr. Google to diagnose what’s probably the common cold. But your wedding should be anything but common, and it shouldn’t cost you your dreams. It doesn’t have to, either — whether that means choosing a cheap Vegas wedding package or going with a company offering customizable wedding services.
Yes, you can have your wedding cake and eat it, too. You can prioritize the items you’ve been dreaming about while maintaining your wedding budget. All you need is a little help to get you there.
Custom Las Vegas Weddings has an important update if you are getting married in Las Vegas pertaining to the current Covid-19 pandemic. Click the image below to read over the latest news.