How To Make More of Nelson Ghost Town Weddings By Doing Less
For those of you who want to explore alternatives to the traditional wedding setting that is offered within urban areas, Nelson ghost town represents a unique and unforgettable experience. An abandoned town, located near a former gold mine, this popular location offers a secluded and private venue for your wedding ceremony.
The setting itself is sufficient to enrich the ceremony, featuring a number of abandoned buildings, antiques, vintage vehicles, and the unmatched desert landscape. For those of you who enjoy vintage ceremonies, Nelson is a great chance to experience one in its natural setting. The style is that of the late 1800’s, so expect your wedding to be nontraditional and unique.
This unique desert location goes by many names such as Eldorado Canyon, Nelson’s Landing, or Eldorado ghost town event center at Searchlight, NV. This abandoned community looks like a real-life movie set. It is located fairly close to Las Vegas at it also proves practical for wedding ceremonies and celebration events. This has become a very popular place to have an Eldorado mine ghost town adventure.
How to organize a Ghost town wedding ceremony
Aside from wedding ceremonies, people often visit Nelson town for photo shoots, filming commercials and themed parties. Many of these are organized independently, but that requires a lot of work.
A DIY wedding, for example, requires herculean effort. Partially because the town is at a 45 minute driving distance from Las Vegas, but also because it lacks certain facilities. Organizing everything will take dozens of trips back and forth, and will cost a lot of time and money.
Independent transportation can also be expensive, and you’d have to spend some time logistically planning the transport, which when scaled at 50 or so guests adds up to frustration.
Choosing an Eldorado Canyon Wedding Location
For those of you who love the vintage Las Vegas wedding style, Nelson ghost town offers several venue options. The three most popular ones however, are the main barn, the cactus barn, and the cactus garden.
This wedding video below shows clients of mine, Henk and Iris, who traveled all the way from the Netherlands to have their wedding at Nelson Ghost Town. Iris is a professional photographer herself and wanted to take photos of the old cars and unique relics. They immersed their selves in to the fun it all thoroughly as you can tell from the fun video. They really had the time of their lives and made some fantastic memories. Watch this video as it showcases the various props and fun paraphernalia to enjoy at this old unique ghost town in the Nevada desert.
In Henk and Iris’ case they wanted to take in the site and spend more time exploring and walking around. They decided to rent a car and drive there themselves and enjoy many hours taking it all in snapping all the photos they could. Some couples having a destination wedding in Las Vegas have decided this as well. It does save money not to spend a lot of the limousine ride there and back. It takes 1 hour each way to travel to Nelson Ghost Town which is sometimes a bit difficult to find.
The Main barn is probably the perfect setting for those who’d prefer the vintage desert style, but still what to be partially protected from the elements. It is a very intimate setting, for a lofty and unforgettable ceremony.
The property also offers countless areas for exploration and unique nelson ghost town photography. So make sure to schedule according to your number of guests. The main barn is likely the best option for a unique themed Las Vegas wedding ceremony.
Here is some tips to make your wedding ceremony more comfortable at Nelson
- The desert landscape and vintage setting will do most of the job for creating a wonderful vintage atmosphere. But make sure to communicate with your partner and important guests, in order to organize a cohesive appearance. This will further immerse guests into the Las Vegas vintage style, and make your photographs elegant and unforgettable.
- Do note that there is no electricity around, so plan upfront, and book an acoustic band if you are planning to bring the music along. Some musicians are prepared, and know how to find a way around this hurdle, but you have to communicate this upfront.
- Considering the small number of important guests attending the ceremony, you should send them a number of useful tips, so safety is guaranteed and nothing stands a chance of ruining the wedding experience. Adequate footwear is a must, because you will be exposed to the desert, where there are nails, cactus and glass abound. Another important precaution you have to make is to ensure people are constantly hydrated. So either plan upfront and bring refreshments, or write to your guests to factor dehydration as well. If sensitive to certain temperature extremes, make sure to follow the weather forecast and book appropriately.
- While there is no electricity around, you don’t have to worry about restroom facilities.
- If you still haven’t decided upon a date for your wedding ceremony, have in mind that fall and spring have the ideal desert temperature. As far as time of day goes, you can enrich the romantic setting by having the ceremony at sunset.
- Exploration will add another element to the whole wedding experience, so allow your guests to wander around by booking and organizing your ceremony appropriately. There is hardly a better opportunity to enjoy the Old West.
You may also want to visit this helpful article to prepare for the weatherNAME: Nelson COUNTY: Clark ROADS: 2WD GRID: 8. CLIMATE: Mild Winter,
warm summer. BEST TIME TO VISIT: Anytime. COMMENTS: Just South of …
Many couples decide they only want a small Las Vegas wedding for two and decide to have an Eldorado Canyon elopement ceremony. You may book the location for only your wedding ceremony or also hold your reception there. If you do a DIY wedding, you will need to know some of the organizational requirements first.
While the Main barn has an on-site kitchen, you will still have to bring in everything in order to have a proper reception. Then, there is renting and decorating chairs, tables, and catering…
Additionally, you’d have to purchase a wedding permit, hire a minister, photographer and figure out transport, which requires a lot of DIY homework not to mention effort.
It is quite an organizational hurdle, so it’s better sit back, and let someone who plans weddings for a living help you. Many brides-to-be are overestimating themselves trying to organize a perfect DIY wedding, only to find out an insurmountable challenge ahead.
And this is perfectly understandable, because professionals pour in lots of hours organizing a single ceremony, and have moving parts already figured out. The wedding ceremony is an once-in-a-lifetime experience, so it’s incredibly satisfying to be a guest at your own.
For those who want to travel there on their own here is a map and directions to assist in your journey there. Read this article to learn more about Nelson’s landing in Nevada. The informative article tells the modern story about Nelson mining town. Nelson sits on a site that is actually an old mine. In fact they conduct mine tours to this day.
Consider Nelson ghost town wedding packages
Leaving the organization to someone else and focusing on the actual wedding will make an unforgettable experience. You can open up a dozen of Pinterest boards, focus on your dress and hairstyle and make sure the most important guests know your idea for the themed ceremony.
The former gold mining town at Eldorado Canyon at Nelson will take care of everything else, by combining desert landscape with several rustic and vintage buildings, coupled with whimsical props – such as a crashed airplane and a number of antique trucks scattered around.
Here is an informational link giving top tips to prepare for your experience:
This is an ideal place for those who seek and enjoy the retro vintage style. You will have a wedding to remember, and your guests will tell their friends about the reception and lovely ceremony. Combined with a Las Vegas party afterwards, this will be a day to remember.
For help in planning for this scenic Las Vegas Wedding option our company offers several Nelson Nevada ghost town wedding packages which include full ceremony, as well as photography, video and transportation for your guests.
To view our packages at Custom Las Vegas Weddings click on the photo below. Let us know how we can be of service to you and making your wedding day special.
Thank you for visiting!