Many wedding couples are now considering having a DIY wedding. Some wedding couples may start the research and desire to book cheap Las Vegas wedding venues on their own.
Las Vegas with its Casino world, the hub of glamorous shows and foodie hotspots can be a perfect destination for your wedding in Las Vegas. You see fireworks and stars when you look at your partner. So, why not take advantage of the spot where the lights never die?
Preparing for any wedding is oftentimes is an uphill task. It can create a lot of stress for couples who don’t know the wedding options available for a city they don’t live in. I have spoken to many engaged couples who tell me they feel overwhelmed with the options when they start to research where to get married, especially if they are looking for cheap Las Vegas wedding venues. So, I decided to create this guide to help my wedding couples with essential advice they need to choose the best location that will be accommodating for their needs if they are on a tight budget.
Almost every wedding facility in Las Vegas comes at a hefty price for most couples. Having a $2000 budget is a very low one to have for a Vegas wedding and if you want to incorporate food and alcohol you will need to increase your budget if you are considering a venue for your Las Vegas wedding on the strip. If you plan to have a large guest count you will need a larger budget than $2000 and still have a wedding in the heart of the city.
If you want to have a larger guest count and still have a wedding within this budget there are some options to consider however. That is when the appeal of cheap Las Vegas wedding venues emerge. Choosing any of these options presented in this article will keep your ceremony costs down and allow you to implement more embellishments for your reception. However, we at Custom Las Vegas Weddings help out customers plan their Vegas wedding in this price range and even below this price range frequently. You will find out in your research however, even a $2000 budget will turn out to be a deficient budget if you have 50 guests and want a sit down dinner with alcohol included on the Vegas Strip. If you are willing to venture away from the Vegas Strip and will consider pairing your ceremony venue with a buffet or restaurant away from the main boulevard then you will have more luck planning your wedding within your budget successfully.
Weddings can turn out to be very expensive for couples on a tight budget. So, understandably, many couples are searching for alternate options. Chapels seem to be the go- to solution for a lot of couples. However, chapels typically only cover the ceremony and not the reception. Banquet facilities also offer all in one solutions but seem to get expensive with the periphery items like buying photos after the wedding.
So, what do you do? Where do you go to plan your Las Vegas event if you have a tight budget? Those are great questions. If you desire the answer, read this article for great ideas to fit your budget.
Affordable Las Vegas Venue Ideas
Using a Wedding Planner is a great solution for the budget conscious wedding couple. Having a wedding planner actually does help save couples money because they get special pricing discounts through the expertise and connections of a planner. Planners know the budget saving options and pass them along to their clients so you win in the end to have one.
The following 10 Las Vegas wedding venue ideas may help you brainstorm if you are considering a DIY wedding and are preparing to wed in Las Vegas but are cash strapped:
- Hotel suite: Have a Las Vegas Strip wedding and consider having your ceremony and reception in your hotel suite, and host the reception in a local restaurant or buffet. Loved ones will be on time and not have to worry about travel costs. Many restaurants also have separate rooms to rent for receptions or can make a section of the restaurant work for you.
Photo taken at MGM Signature suite
- Hotel/Casino banquet room: Use a hotel ballroom for ceremony and reception. Some Las Vegas banquet rooms offer great options and Custom Las Vegas Weddings knows which ones are budget conscious. It’s an all-in-one solution, and you don’t need to spend more for the ceremony space separately. Give yourself the Disney Princess treatment without the crazy costs.
- Theme weddings and Vegas wedding venues: There are quite a lot of themed ideas you might consider ranging from Elvis to impersonators. You may consider having your ceremony in a Western Town, Las Vegas Vintage Ghost Town, Mystic Falls Garden, Wax Museum, High Roller, Haufbraus House, Sugar Factory and more. Only a local wedding planner would know how to assist you in pulling it together well. The planner will help you pair your theme wedding with a small reception and perhaps even a photo tour to showcase your memories.
- Party bus tour: Have the ceremony in a party bus, and host the reception at a theme restaurant or buffet. The party bus will take you on an excursion, and the final destination will be the restaurant theme of your choice. What about a climate controlled beer garden or many of the theme restaurants in Las Vegas?
- Local Parks: Use a local park for the ceremony and reception. This is a great choice because it gives you the freedom to customize the ceremony to your theme and vision. For example, a Red Rock State Park DIY wedding provides a beautiful backdrop as the sun sets to play with primary colors and enjoy the natural scenery. Click here to view more Las Vegas elopement ideas.
Click this link to view Las Vegas local park wedding packages or customize one based on your needs.
- Iconic Retro Vegas: Pair your ceremony with an iconic landmark like the Las Vegas sign or the Las Vegas art district or Neon Museum with a Las Vegas wedding for two, followed by a private foodie tour. Foodie tours are popular and can be customized to let you experience a variety of Las Vegas food and restaurant experiences. Turn your wedding into an adventure.
- Pair your ceremony with an Elvis Theme ceremony and personal Elvis guided memorabilia tour. Elvis will provide the theme ceremony with songs and keepsake souvenirs. It’s a Vegas classic.
- Utilize a rental home to host the ceremony and reception. Using a rental home to stay and economize by sharing the house with family is an excellent idea. Many couples don’t realize they can do this in Las Vegas. There are many homes available to rent. Just look on VRBO or Home Away for homes for rent in Las Vegas for weddings. Contact the owner and negotiate the details yourself to save money. Then hire a Las Vegas wedding planner for day of coordination services for only the essential support you need. This will save you a lot of money in many aspects.
- Enjoy a scenic wedding excursion and pair it with a restaurant after your scenic marriage ceremony. Destination weddings are about the experience, and the picturesque scenery will make the journey all the more memorable. You may even have a Vegas wedding coordinator plan the event affordably. A good coordinator will offer customers a variety of cheap Las Vegas wedding venues, transportation options and collaborate with many other wedding vendors to provide everything you need for and excellent experience.
Photo taken near Ash Springs by KK Photo
- Combine a ghost town wedding with an old school hometown barbecue picnic for your reception. Enjoy the whimsy and haunting, vintage mystery of the environment which you can reflect in your decorations and wedding attire. You never hear anyone complain about barbecue, either.
Keeping Within Your Budget
From minister fees, extra photo payments, DJ payments and Las Vegas officiant fees to boutonniere and a bouquet for the bride, hidden fees are commonplace. To stay safe from paying for what you hadn’t budgeted for, ask for a breakdown of everything that you will be charged for. Additionally, research the company well and let them know of your concerns.
Finding the Right Vendor Through Good Reviews and Feedback
It is possible to get robbed blind in the midst of the confusion about hosting a memorable wedding in Las Vegas. However, when you use a trusted vendor, you will not experience any glitches.
A reputable vendor often has a solid reputation as a professional with excellent reviews, a website and doesn’t charge lower or exorbitant rates. Use the web and ask for reviews from those who have been there before.
Just because you’re budget conscious doesn’t mean that your wedding has to be bland or boring. Plan a DIY Vegas wedding and use a Las Vegas wedding planner for your most essential needs. Simple doesn’t mean boring with a little outside of the box creativity, especially with our know-how at Custom Las Vegas Weddings.
As an update Custom Las Vegas Weddings has written an article as a resource during the Covid-19 pandemic. Click the image below to read and get update on the latest news.
Click photo to view Covid-19 Las Vegas Elopement updates
Many couples who choose to get married in Las Vegas are looking for the best deals they can get. When they start looking they realize there are many Cheap Vegas wedding packages and choices available. These package and companies are abundant in Las Vegas, but do you really want to sacrifice style and elegance for your one and only wedding by settling? Many couples want to know the cost of getting married in Las Vegas.
Most likely your budget is tight, but understandably, you don’t want to let go of those details that will make your marriage truly unique, special and memorable. Not to say there is anything wrong with the choice of utilizing a great deal either. After all, it serves you well to know you are receiving the best deal and are educated about the lowest cost wedding and reception venues in Las Vegas.
Oasis Banquet Hall in Las Vegas
Look at the reviews of the company you are considering when determining who to trust when you are planning your Las Vegas event.
Quite a few of the cheap Vegas wedding packages that you will come across and consider in your research may not have what you’re looking for. So, why not think about using a company that offers customizable services? This idea will give you the choice to go all out for the most important aspects of your day, giving you the freedom to decide what those are for yourself.
Can you have your cake and eat it, too? Yes.
It can be costly to get married in Vegas, especially if you’re considering a royal-style wedding in Las Vegas. (Who designed Meghan Markle’s dress again?) But you can still feel and look royal on a budget.
The beauty of a Vegas marriage celebration is that there’s always something available for everyone, and it doesn’t matter if you’re short on time or a budget. You can still get it done — and fabulously. Here’s how to make the most of cheap Vegas wedding packages.
Springs Preserve Wedding Facility in Las Vegas
Overcoming Vegas Wedding Sticker Shock
A lot of wedding couples start their search looking for wedding packages in Las Vegas. Then, they get overwhelmed. The time spent searching on Google, calling and waiting for return correspondence from all the companies is enough to feel like pulling your hair out. A lot of people just give up. People researching getting married in Vegas are inundated with Las Vegas planning companies reaching out to them via email and voicemail. If this describes you, perhaps the thought, “Maybe we’ll just let Elvis marry us and go to a chapel after all.” Sometimes the overwhelm leaves people feeling they can’t deal with the stress of planning it all and they settle for receiving less photos or service just so they can make a final decision and let the stress go.
Choosing the cheap Vegas wedding packages option may be the wisest choice for many due to economic concerns of the day. And you can still have an elegant and classy celebration. Those two words do go together. Consider these desert elopement ideas here as affordable alternatives to the expensive options traditionally considered.
It’s natural to worry about how much your event will cost. The average American wedding costs over $25,000 and the average wedding in Nevada is just under that at $23,008. The dress purchase averages $1,183 in Nevada. Is there such a thing as an inexpensive wedding venue in Las Vegas?
Don’t close your browser window just yet. Sticker shock is understandably a thing when you get a little too happy with your Vegas research. You’d much rather put that kind of money toward a house, student loans, retirement and other dreams.
Floyd Lamb State Park in Las Vegas
Bundling in the case of choosing a package isn’t like bundling your cable, internet and phone. The price to get married in Vegas can be affordable and you don’t have to sacrifice quality and what you need and desire the most.
Budgeting for affordability
Vegas marriage packages can give you the most bang for your buck. You should prioritize what you want most for your wedding. Start with making a list, but don’t immediately disregard an idea because you assume the idea will cost too much.
Venues can be one of the most costly aspects of planning, but imagine your event at a national park with the beautiful colors of the desert. Affordable and beautiful? Check. The same goes for your photos, flowers, reception and stay.
There are cheap places to get married in Las Vegas, like wedding chapels for instance, but if you want a more elegant and unique choice for your experience in Las Vegas you will benefit from the guidance of a Las Vegas event planner who will show you the way to have an elegant wedding without the high price.
Do you have to settle for less?
No, you don’t have to settle for a cookie cutter wedding package. The first thing you need to do is figure out what your budget is. How much do you have to spend and what is most important for you to spend it on?
To have an exceptional experience on a budget and figure out what your Las Vegas event budget really is read this article. It will guide you to determine what you consider most essential.
A professional Las Vegas wedding coordinator can help you budget your event. Here are some ideas below you may consider to get started planing your ceremony in Las Vegas without breaking your budget:
Have your wedding ceremony and reception at the MGM terrace suites
Click on the phrases below to view affordable places to get married in Las Vegas
There are wedding event companies in Las Vegas that do allow you to customize your wedding experience. These companies will help you find the lowest cost event and reception venues there are to find. Let’s go back to that desert scene. Many couples are drawn to Red Rock for their destination wedding. Flowers can be customized based on native plants or your favorites in the form of fresh flowers or a silk bouquet. If you’ve been planning the bouquet to match your dress since the age of six, you don’t have to give that dream up.
Red Rock Canyon outdoor wedding location for a simple wedding wedding in Las Vegas
You don’t have to sacrifice that childhood dream. Have the ceremony right as the sun is about to set, and take photos along a scenic drive one of Las Vegas’ scenic parks. This is a great idea if you are looking for a Las Vegas wedding venue for a small occasion. Imagine those beautiful dusky orange and red hues of beautiful Red Rock canyon for instance, as a backdrop against something borrowed and blue. Red Rock is the perfect location to experience a Las Vegas desert elopement wedding. Those are just a few examples of how you can customize your experience.
Being able to customize your experience is not the standard experience many couples find when they start searching in our city. Many chapel weddings will not allow customization of wedding packages. They force you to stick to the packages they offer, which is more of a cookie cutter approach. You may not want to settle for that experience if it means you are losing out on the greatest experience possible for your dream wedding. You might prefer to have your vintage wedding experience in Las Vegas, for instance.
Nelson Ghost Town wedding location
The cost of getting married in Las Vegas can give you sticker shock at first. It’s like relying on Dr. Google to diagnose what’s probably the common cold. But your wedding should be anything but common, and it shouldn’t cost you your dreams. It doesn’t have to, either — whether that means choosing a cheap Vegas wedding package or going with a company offering customizable wedding services.
Yes, you can have your wedding cake and eat it, too. You can prioritize the items you’ve been dreaming about while maintaining your wedding budget. All you need is a little help to get you there.
Custom Las Vegas Weddings has an important update if you are getting married in Las Vegas pertaining to the current Covid-19 pandemic. Click the image below to read over the latest news.
If you still want to get married in Las Vegas and need help getting over sticker shock, Reach out to Custom Las Vegas Weddings. Let us reassure you and help you strategize your dream wedding.
14 fashion items not to forget for your wedding in Vegas
As you add the finishing touches to your wedding day checklist, make sure you add “create a bridal emergency bag for your wedding in Vegas.” For brides that are getting ready to say “I do,” thoughts typically revolve around vendors, decorations, the dress, bridal party, menus, etc, but with so much on their minds, brides often forget to pack some necessities. What issues might pop up as you’re getting ready to walk down the aisle, and what essentials might you need?
Fashion flaw advice:
When planning a wedding in Vegas, I find brides often choose the perfect dress months in advance, not to mention the thought that goes into finding a coordinating veil, shoes, and accessories. That being said, a fashion mishap the day of the wedding can be a nightmare for brides, especially if they’re at a wedding in Vegas where they don’t have ready access to their home sewing kit and seamstress. Although we do have plenty of pharmacies on the Las Vegas strip or specialty stores it will be a huge time saver to bring these items along for the unexpected circumstances that do occur when you travel.
Prepare for any fashion flaws with a travel-size sewing kit that can handle any tears, snags or loose threads. Keep a comfortable strapless bra in your bridal tote for extra support once you slip into your dress one last time. Many brides swear by white duct tape for securing their train for dancing or tucking in the loose fabric.
Some brides are lucky enough to have a makeup artist on deck, ready to fix any smudged eyeliner or smeared lips. But if you’re doing your own makeup, or have a slip up after your artist leaves, it’s important to be prepared.
- A concealer stick is perfect for quickly covering up blemishes, red spots or dark circles under the eyes. It can also be used to brighten parts of your skin for a glowing look.
- Water-resistant mascara is a must, especially if you’re a bride that’s likely to cry. Keep your makeup in place with a mascara you know will hold up to tears (test it out beforehand!).
- Makeup remover wipe: For instances when your makeup doesn’t stay in place, be ready to wipe unwanted streaks away with a makeup remover wipe (here’s a fun DIY to make your own makeup remover!). These are also great for the end of the night when you’re ready for a lighter look!
There are so many options for hairstyles, ranging from intricate updos to loose braids or wearing your hair down with flowing curls. No matter what way you style your locks, you’re going to want them in place and out of your face as you go about your wedding.
Hairpins and a hair tie are essential for pinning back fallen strands of hair or throwing your hair up when you head out onto the dancefloor. You can’t go wrong with a large hair clip either if you’re getting your makeup done before your hairstylist steps in.
A lot of couples who choose to have a wedding in Vegas choose a Las Vegas outdoor wedding, which means you might be saying “I do” under the beating sun. Make sure your skin is protected for all occasions.
Sunscreen is a must to prevent sunburns and the Las Vegas sun is brutal, but moisturizer is also essential for glowing skin. On a side note, if you’re getting married outside in Vegas, consider sunglasses as cute wedding favors for all of your guests!
Comfort and Care
Make sure you’re comfortable and prepared for the unexpected, not only as you’re getting ready, but for later on in the night as you celebrate during your reception. You’d be surprised how much you’ll be on your feet from the Vegas wedding ceremony to taking photos and then throughout the reception. From dancing and socializing, your feet are going to tire out, especially if you’re wearing uncomfortable shoes. Insider tip: wear them around the house beforehand to break them in!
Blisters are bound to happen, especially if you’re wearing heels. Consider fitting your shoes with cushioned heel pads, but bring a mini first aid kit as backup. As you’re running around double-checking the venue or rounding up your bridal party, it might be a good idea to have some cute bride flip flops in your bag too! These will also come in handy at the end of the night after hours of dancing.
Summing it all up:
In sum, here is a list of all the essentials mentioned above that you should include in your bridal day bag. And don’t forget to find a cute tote to hold it all in!
- Tote bag
- Travel-sized sewing kit
- Comfortable strapless bra
- White duct tape
- Concealer stick
- Water-resistant mascara
- Makeup remover wipes
- Hair tie
- Large hair clip
- Cushioned heel pads
- Mini first aid kit
- Bride flip flops
We would love your advice and feedback!
If you’re a bride-to-be planning a Las Vegas destination wedding what are your concerns about getting prepared for the big day? Share your ideas in the comment section of this post.
And for those that are already married, what do you wish you had on your big day?
Stay tuned for more wedding-related info on our Vegas blog and wedding news page and check out all of our helpful resources for planning your perfect wedding!