This article shares 11 valuable tips to set your mind at ease about the thought of eloping in Las Vegas. You may not have thought of these reasons but if you are on the fence about making the final decision to elope in Vegas, here are some valid reasons to do so to help justify your decision. This article will help If you need some justification or just want some great tips and Vegas elopement advice.
For instance, where will your wedding take place? What are the essential items you need? Where do you plan to eat and be entertained after you are married? These are just some of the elements of information you need to elope to Las Vegas.
1. How to Elope to Las Vegas
Even though choosing to Eloping in Vegas is is easy to do, it does require sufficient planning to make it stress-free and enjoyable. Las Vegas is the entertainment capital of the world and offers all the benefits and perks of a well-established hospitality mecca at your fingertips. The novelty of eloping in Las Vegas is the wonderful options you have and the myriad choices of things to do and places to experience your nuptial celebration. It’s a great place to start your journey and experience a fantastic story to cherish for a lifetime of memories to share!
2. Eloping in Las Vegas is the no-guilt, stress-free solution
You don’t have to feel Vegas elopement remorse when you come to Las Vegas to get married. When you are prepared to tell your loved ones, they can hardly be upset when you tell them you eloped in Las Vegas because it’s an accepted trend. Eloping in Las Vegas is an accepted option for many couples and you should be able to enjoy the experience without remorse. Vegas is the perfect place to come if you are planning to elope because it’s set up to accommodate your needs at a moment’s notice. Knowing it is the right choice for you and your partner is all that matters.
3. Not upsetting the VIP in your life:
Break the news about your elopement to your VIP’s gently and wisely
Not upsetting anyone of your friends and loved ones is a concern but if no one is coming then everyone is being treated equally. This actually makes it an easier choice for you to make and many people love the ease of it. Create a plan to tell your VIP after the wedding. This will help you work through the process of how you want to tell them and how you want to say it. You can even create a script. This will allow you to carefully choose your words and to give you the chance to get out everything you want to say first before they start firing questions at you. Telling the people closest to you in person is the best idea. Telling them in person is much more caring and personal and should make a huge difference. Sending out cards or emails is appropriate for those you consider acquaintances.
4. The legal preparation is easier in Vegas:
There is not as much planning to elope to Las Vegas than if you were to have a wedding with many guests and a large reception but you will still have important things on your to do list. The one most essential thing you can’t forget even with eloping is the legal prep. You need to ensure you register in advance, figure out what ID and paperwork that you would need to bring along and then once that is all done, you need to obtain the marriage license before going to the event location to do the ceremony.
Click the photo link below to visit our FAQ Las Vegas Marriage licensing page. This page provides a great resource and guide to get help preparing to get married in Las Vegas.
Click here to visit our getting married FAQ page with valuable links
5. A Vegas wedding elopement simplifies planning
Planning an elopement in Las Vegas is much easier than planning a large wedding in Vegas but you still don’t want to forget the small details. That small detail could end up being a bigger issue down the road. Using a Vegas wedding elopement planner that knows the ins and outs of the wedding industry in Las Vegas will best guide you if you are eloping in Las Vegas and will ensure your elopement is a safe and fun, stress-free choice. They can help you if you’re trying to budget your money because they know the local wedding vendors. A Vegas planner also will also be proficient enough to guide you and help you navigate the process and provide important advice on overall preparation. An experienced planner will offer an array of services and essential guidance making sure you simple wedding for two is an experience to remember for all the right reasons.
6. The advantage of informality: One of the greatest things about eloping in Las Vegas is your dress and wedding attire don’t have to be traditional or formal. Wear something unique and weather appropriate for the Las Vegas desert setting. A lot of wedding couples keep their elopement attire simple and opt for a simple vest or dress shirt and semi-formal dress. There is an assortment of dress options when you elope but none of them are required or expected. That is the beauty of eloping. If you end up needing some clothing assistance, there are many dress, tux and gown shops that provide last minute services. They will provide mobile, last minute services such as picking up your clothes and steaming them or providing the attire completely. This makes your decision a breeze and you don’t have to stress about finding the right outfit or not having choices if you forget to bring something along.
The weather in the Las Vegas desert setting is probably different then what you’re typically used to as well. Las Vegas weather is typically warmer than most places. If you want advice about the seasons in Las Vegas and average temperatures, view this article for more information. This article will help you prepare for the Las Vegas climate with essential seasonal tips for your wedding preparation.
The information may change the way you decide to dress while here. If the climate in Vegas is drastically different to your own at home, the difference may make you brave enough to be super creative. You might just want to come up with a unique look that will rock the desert.
7. A simple Vegas wedding saves money
The allure of choosing to elope in Vegas is the expense savings you reap the benefits of. There are many things you won’t have to contend with when you decide to elope. You will incur less expense if you elope in Vegas than if you decide to have a large formal affair. Below you will see some comparisons of each option. You will still have some expenses if you elope but less of them.
Expenses you will avoid if you elope:
- Pre-wedding dinners and parties (bachelorette and bachelor parties).
- A large reception with DJ: Reception venues typically cost $2000 or more for 4 hours.
- Food for all your guests: Food per person on the Vegas Strip starts at about $70-$100 per person unless it’s a buffet and buffets have disadvantages at times.
- Alcohol expense: Alcohol is a huge expense if you have an open bar. The more people you have the more expensive it will get for your budget.
- Decorations: The flowers, lights, dance floor and staff to accommodate setup and breakdown can be high dollar items in the end.
- Transportation for guests: Your guests need to get there and back. If it’s a large party of people (30-50) bus transportation is in the $550 range just for 3 hours.
- Receptions take 4 or more hours and cost on average $5-$10,000. Most receptions last around 4 hours.
- Entertainment: Typically, it’s a DJ although other entertainment can cost a pretty penny.
Expenses you will have – but less expensive:
- Wedding license cost (cost is $77). Learn more about costs here. Click to apply for your marriage license.
- Officiant for the ceremony. Ranges from $125 on up and more for scenic weddings
- Flowers (can range from $60 to $300 but depends how many, what kind, etc.) View flower ideas and choices for your wedding here.
- Hair and makeup (typical costs vary but average at $225 for traditional and $255 for mobile hair and makeup services in Las Vegas. Shop around for great deals.
- Tux and gown (for both around $300 to $500). Some dress shops offer evening gowns to rent and you may not need a tux if you go casual.
- Transportation: The most you will need will be a 6-passenger limousine which is not expensive.
- Cake: The cake will be much less if you decide to still have one. Many couples who elope have the cake at a restaurant. Some couples decide to order one and have it delivered to their hotel to enjoy later.
- Dinner: You will still want to go out to eat but the cost will be much less than feeding all your family and friends.
- Entertainment: You will only need to pay for your own entertainment but there are a lot of Vegas shows and options to choose from.
- Gifts: Since you won’t have a huge guest count for an elopement service, you won’t be receiving wedding gifts from your guests, unless you have some attending. However, it is customary for a bride and groom to give one another a small gift. If you brides have a hard time choosing a gift for your groom there are some great gift ideas on this site.
Also, check out this link to one of our best Las Vegas resource website about things to do in Las Vegas.
8. Saving on venue costs:
Venue costs will be much less expensive if you elope in Vegas. The cost of eloping in Las Vegas and choosing a simple venue is cheap compared to the cost of using a venue for a large group of guests. Las Vegas wedding venues typically cost $2000 and upward to several thousands of dollars to rent for a large event.
Renting a reception venue for a full blown form affair costs more because the duration of the event usually lasts 4 to 5 hours. The choice to elope means your venue will not be needed as long. The time spent at the venue for an elopement is usually one to two hours at the most but usually no more than an hour. Even if you have a unique elopement experience in Las Vegas, it will still be much cheaper than a full blown formal wedding. There are many great elopement venue choices in Las Vegas and they are much cheaper to use. You may also use the venues in creative ways that won’t break the bank.
For instance, a Nelson Ghost Town elopement is a fun experience and the venue for up to 10 people costs only $100 to rent the venue for an elopement. There are quite a lot of great options to choose for eloping in Vegas with fun venues that will fit your budget.
9. Saving on vendor expenses: Oftentimes your best deal when thinking of a Vegas Elopement, one often thinks of keeping it simple.
Hiring vendors as a DIY project is time-consuming and gets expensive. Hiring a planner that offers all in one service will make the overall experience more relaxing, enjoyable, and memorable for the right reasons.
If you choose an all inclusive Las Vegas elopement package, your planning will be stress free and you’ll reap the benefits of the savings you desire.
10. Not putting people out: Some couples feel they don’t want the fuss of a wedding registry or feeling like they are making others obligated to give gifts. Some people just don’t want to put other people out and ask for gifts. Nonetheless, it is customary for a bride and groom to give one another a small gift.
11. Red Rock Wedding
For instance, when you have a small wedding for two people your choices for creative, fun and unique wedding experiences open up. You may choose to have adventurous or scenic wedding like a Las Vegas desert elopement.
Fun Vintage wedding at Nelson Ghost Town: There are a lot of scenic choices you may consider if you want to be more adventurous. I have written other articles about this topic. Rather than thoroughly explaining all the different scenic wedding location options in Las Vegas available to choose from I recommend you visit this wedding blog for more Vegas elopement advice and ideas.
Making your experience unique doesn’t necessarily mean you need a lot of people there or that you have to spend a lot of money on a venue. First, ensure you’re doing what you and your partner want to do then let the decision go and enjoy it. If you want to make your experience especially unique customize your ceremony or pick a special location that means a lot to you and your beloved. There are a lot of fantastic ways to elope in Las Vegas. Choosing a fun and unique location to elope will make the experience memorable.
If you choose one of these Las Vegas desert elopement wedding packages, the planning will all be done for you. This means you will have a stress-free wedding experience. For a desert city, Las Vegas has a lot of different desert terrain options to choose from around it. It has Lakes, Mountains, stunning red rock formations, and an assortment of resorts that resemble a dreamy oasis setting and beautiful nature preserve settings. To many people who visit Las Vegas, it’s surprising Vegas and the surrounding areas offer so much natural beauty.
Las Vegas elopement: When people think of getting married in Vegas, they typically think of having their wedding on the Vegas Strip with all the excitement and pizzazz. What researching couples don’t realize until they put effort into the search is, a Vegas Strip wedding costs a pretty penny, even if you go to a chapel. For that reason, many couples opt for a unique Vegas elopement and choose to have their wedding in a suite or resort setting. If this option sounds appealing
Get a plan before you commit
Choosing a Las Vegas wedding wedding company that provides dedicated wedding packages is the best choice for a wedding elopement in Las Vegas. Getting advice, guidance from a Vegas wedding vendor you can trust and implementing a good plan you can count on is going to be your safest option. This option will help you if you are trying to stretch your dollars as well as ensure you have the best experience you can possibly have.
Use a reputable elopement wedding planner:
It may be a surprise to hear this but if you use a reputable Las Vegas wedding planner, the decision will save you money and time in the end. Vegas wedding establishments can cost a lot of money and there is a lot you don’t know. A good wedding elopement planner will know the vendors you need and all the hidden expenses you will run into and will create a cost effective all-in-one planning in conjunction with vendor services to save you a pretty penny. A good wedding planner that is geared toward offering wedding deals is a fantastic bargain. This choice will save you money because a good planner will recommend and plan independent vendors that offer discounts. Those discounts will be passed on to you as a part of their services.
Wedding planning is a stressful endeavor but when you choose to work with a Las Vegas wedding planner who knows the area. This way the planner will take care of all the details and stress for you and wrap up all the services you need and make your experience effortless.
If eloping in Las Vegas is your dream then we hope these 11 tips make it an even easier choice for you!
Who wants to manage a guest list of over 200 people? No takers? Maybe you’re more of the elopement kind of couple, but you still want to do it in style. Here are five tips to have the most romantic Las Vegas elopement experience ever!
There’s nothing wrong with deciding to have an elopement. It’s the perfect solution for those couples who don’t want the large affair and they opt to try something different. It’s trendy now to have a small wedding experience instead for the sake of simplicity and intimacy. Eloping in Las Vegas is a long standing tradition dating back to the days Elvis got married in Vegas. It’s super romantic and simple to do, so why not?
You’ve heard of pop-up restaurants and shopping events, but what about a pop-up wedding? Perhaps you love the idea of choosing to elope in Las Vegas cheap, but you want to bring your nearest and dearest with you. Queue the Vegas pop-up wedding, perfect for your dream, custom Las Vegas wedding! Check out this article which gives you ideas for eloping in Las Vegas.
A Las Vegas pop-up wedding gives you all the essentials complete with all the details of a stress-free elopement, in downtown Las Vegas or the desert. The officiant, floral, couple, rings, fun props, food and beloved guests are all present.
With a pop-up Las Vegas elopement, you get the best of three wedding styles: elopement, destination wedding and intimate gathering with loved ones. It’s just on a smaller scale and with those who matter the most, preserving the mood of the special occasion and relieving the stress of managing tiny details and hordes of guests flocking in.
2. Include Personal Vows And as Much Laughter as Possible
Romantic Las Vegas elopements are all about the celebration of you as a couple. You two are the focus. Take time to be truly mindful and present in the moment with each other.
Las Vegas weddings for two can be customized by including personal vows and as much laughter as possible. Consider a Las Vegas garden wedding venue. Jane and Roger traveled all the way from England to get married in Las Vegas. Read their personal Las Vegas elopement wedding story. This story showcases their wedding elopement and the delight and laughter they experienced with their guests at the beautiful Springs Preserve. They weren’t afraid to let their inner child come out to play.
3. Experience Relaxation and Beautiful Scenery
You know you want a romantic custom Las Vegas Red Rock wedding, but you want something different. Maybe you and your partner decided that Elvis will sit this wedding out and that chapels aren’t your style.
Got a pension for adventure and romance for the ages? Consider having a Red Rock Canyon wedding experience as a top contender for places to elope in Las Vegas. Get that feeling of a fiery, remote wedding without paying the typical high price of a traditional wedding. Make your “something blue” pop against the primary colors: distant blue and purple of the peaks and cliffs, the rustic red of the desert and gorgeous yellow sun.
What makes it romantic? Red Rock Canyon is a national park in Las Vegas with ancient desert history complete with petroglyphs and hiking trails dating back 2,000 years. Your wedding is one for the ages. The beautiful red and yellow mountain cliffs of Red Rock Canyon are a site to see and experience. What better way to not only relax but make the wedding experience more enjoyable and less stressful.
4. Surround Yourself With What You Love
Of course, you’ll include those you love in the wedding, but you should also surround yourself with what you love to make the most out of this once in a lifetime event!
Love all things literary, historical and retro? You could enjoy a customized retro wedding photo tour and wedding ceremony at the historic Neon Museum. Enjoy being pampered in the luxury limousine and dress up or dress down, whatever you choose. Celebrate what makes you unique and what brought you together by surrounding yourself with what you love, along with who you love.
5. Capture the Small Stuff in Photos
You’ll look back on your Las Vegas wedding photos as the years to come with nostalgia and smiles. Choose a setting that you feel comfortable in and indulge in the little moments.
Capture these small, natural moments in photos — whether that’s with a professional photographer or in Polaroids. It’s the small stuff that you remember and treasure the most. It’s the curl of her hair blowing in the breeze, the intake of breath as the ring slides on his finger or their spontaneous laugh at the birds calling overhead.
Love of your life? Check. Scenic and stylish destination that totally suits you as a couple. Check. Now how about considering a romantic Vegas elopement for two is the best solution to potential stress for planning your wedding?
Elopement in a desert park
If you need help planning a Vegas Wedding on a budget read this very informative article to help you know what to factor in for your experience.
Use these five tips to have the most romantic Las Vegas elopement ever, from including your personal story to surrounding yourself with what you love.
Contact Custom Las Vegas Weddings to plan your Vegas Elopement without unnecessary fuss and expectations, only a small romantic destination wedding in Las Vegas and memories for the ages.
Your wedding is around the corner and you have decided to have your elopement in Vegas. In this article, you will find eight fun and unique yet simple ideas for a las Vegas wedding. Las Vegas is one of most magnificent places to elope because it has an exciting, fun and engaging atmosphere. Perhaps you will find these intriguing elopement possibilities to consider.
Now you need to decide the location you will choose for eloping in Vegas. This article will help you choose your experience and hopefully simplify and sort through your elopement planning process. You most likely are not aware these options are even available but I think you will like these affordable and unique options. The choices mentioned in this article offer a departure from the cookie cutter wedding.
Once you start looking, however, you will discover there are more choices than you realize. If it’s just the two of you for your elopement in Vegas or if you have a few last minute guests you want to include, these eight simple elopement ideas provide the solution for an intimate and elegant experience that will fit your budget.
Determining your wedding budget will help you know what elements you can afford for one of the most important days or your life, your wedding day. The cost of eloping in Vegas is variable based on where you decide to choose a Wedding experience.. A typical Vegas elopement wedding package will range in price from $500 on up to thousands, depending on what you choose. Therefore, in my opinion, this should be your starting point in your elopement decision process because it determines what option you will choose in the end. This article presents elopement ideas that are not only affordable but unique and creative choices.
Here is an article you may read to help you determine your wedding budget. This article is very informative and lists the essentials you will need for your wedding.
Weather conditions: When you think about it weather will factor in to the cost of your wedding. You may need to consider buying different clothes for your wedding day to ensure you are comfortable. Another factor is planning for an outside wedding for instance. Here is an article that is very informative showcasing what to expect for weather conditions for your wedding..
Eloping in Vegas – Ideas to consider:
Idea One: Desert Elopement in Vegas Exchanging your wedding vows amidst a desert setting is a favorite and trendy choice for wedding couples now. The options that showcase elopement ideas for a cheap wedding package in Las Vegas and yet not so cheap that you lose the planning expertise to make it a wonderful experience for you.
Las Vegas Desert Elopement at Red Rock Overlook
A Wedding at Red Rock Canyon is a very popular, romantic and trendy place to get married in Vegas. Red Rock canyon is a scenic place to elope in Vegas. Not only is it romantic but it can be customized for a large or small wedding experience.
View this couples experience when they had their wedding in the desert at Red Rock Canyon.
Here is a link to view some affordable Red Rock Canyon elopement ideas and packages to consider for a scenic Las Vegas wedding. This scenic desert location is quite a stunning and romantic location to have a lot of guest or just elope in Las Vegas. It is a quiet and romantic choice. Red Rock Park is located approximately 45 minutes away from the hustle and bustle of Vegas, depending on where you are staying. The ancient tan-colored sandstone contracting the deep red iron oxide colors in the mountain formations provoke a very calming and peaceful atmosphere. If you choose a scenic Red Rock photo tour at this location, a professional photographer will guide you through the scenic drive after the ceremony is complete. Many couples love to get close and have their photos taken with the bright red contrast of the rock. You may literally walk up the rocks quite easily. Couples always rave about the unique beauty and photos taken that capture their experience at Red Rock. Choosing a Red Rock wedding package to include a limousine allows you to sit back, be pampered and enjoy the experience in style and comfort.
Click here to visit the official Red Rock Canyon park website.
Idea Two: Nelson Ghost Town
Nelson Ghost Town is another popular place to have a scenic Vegas wedding at Nelson’s Landing. This choice is one of the best elopement options because it is a fun and unique experience for a Las Vegas outdoor wedding. The desert landscape and vintage setting are often used for movie sets and photo shoots. It features a number of abandoned buildings, antiques, and vintage vehicles. This location is located near a former gold mine town called Nelsons landing which is about an hour away from Las Vegas. It is truly a romantic and nontraditional desert setting for your wedding. Wrap up all your needs for a simple Vegas elopement and choose a scenic wedding. This article provides tips on choosing a Nelson Ghost Town desert wedding experience. Choosing this option will provide a fully planned experience. This not only will relieve stress but this option provides the services to make sure your wedding is planned the right way for an experience to cherish.
Here is a fun wedding article to read about this couples story about a Vegas desert elopement at Nelson Ghost Town.
To learn more about having a Nelson Ghost town wedding by reading this article.
Idea Three: Choose a restaurant for the Ceremony and Dinner – There are many restaurant choices to consider when you choose this option.Click here to view a Las Vegas restaurant article showcasing popular restaurants in Las Vegas for weddings. These are romantic Las Vegas restaurants to consider.
Eiffel Tower Observation Deck Elopement The Eiffel Tower observation deck is one of the most romantic elopement ideas. It is located at the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas. It presents a romantic option for an elopement in Vegas. The Eiffel Tower is a half scale replica of the one in Paris, France and stands at a 541-foot height. It features not only a great view of the city but the observation deck with accommodate up to 20 guests at a reasonable cost competitive price for a ceremony on the Strip. The Paris hotel has many fine dining restaurant establishments as well if you want to pair that with your ceremony. It makes sense to choose this option whether it’s only the two of you or if you have 20 guests to attend your wedding.
Idea Four: Fremont Street Experience – This location offers a backdrop of glitter and glitz. Fremont Street is the second famous street after you take into consideration the popularity of the newer, modernized Las Vegas Strip. It is located in the heart of the downtown old Las Vegas casino corridor. This street has affectionately earned the nickname “Glitter Gulch” by its city residents. It boasts an abundance of bright, glittering neon signs, like cowboy Vegas Vic. It’s a fantastic and popular idea to have a simple wedding in Vegas for two. Here are premade Vegas wedding packages that offer Vegas elopement options and provide an old Vegas Vintage experience. There are many interesting street vendors and the Fremont Street location has live bands and frequent entertainment, to include the now-famous canopy music light show that airs on the hour during the night.The lights and attractions are vintage Vegas. Fremont Street is and was the original address for many famous casinos such as Binion’s Horseshoe, Eldorado Club, Fremont Hotel and Casino, Golden Gate Hotel and Casino, Golden Nugget, Four Queens, The Mint, and the Pioneer Club.
Photo of Fremont Street Experience at night
Idea Five: An Outdoor Park or Outdoor Wedding Venue in Vegas:
There are quite a few parks in Las Vegas that will work well for an elopement. Sunset Park and Tulle Springs Park are two local Vegas parks I recommend.
Read this article for tips on eloping in Vegas with simple wedding options that provide pre made or customized wedding package options. This choice is considered a Las Vegas Outdoor wedding setting. There are quite a few parks in Las Vegas that will work well for an elopement but in this article, I focus on two of my favorite park settings for an elopement ceremony.
Sunset Park is one of the largest parks in Las Vegas. It is located It is in close proximity to affluent neighborhoods as well as McCarran International Airport. The park lies on the corner of a) Sunset Road on the north, Eastern Avenue on the west and Warm Springs Road on the south. This park features a 14-acre pond, many trees, and green grass. There are many areas to stand and conduct a simple wedding ceremony to make your elopement feature Mother Nature as your witness.
Photo of the Lake at Sunset Park
For your convenience here is the link to Sunset park’s website.
Tulle Springs Park
Tulle Springs is also known as Lamb State Park, is located in the Northwest part and considered North Las Vegas. This park has a small lake fed by a spring and a backdrop of picturesque mountains. It is one of our older mature parks. When visiting you could mistake if for being in a park in the Midwest because it has lush mature trees and plenty of green grass and trees surrounding a lake. This location also has a lot of wildlife, to include ducks and colorful peacocks. This is a great location to exchange vows and have a simple wedding for two in Vegas with a in a semi-private garden setting.
Learn more about our Outdoor Wedding Venues
For your convenience here is the link to Lamb State park’s website.
Idea Six: Neon Museum
The Neon Museum wedding photo tour package is a contender when it comes to a great idea to elope in Vegas. You could combine the desert wedding with the Neon museum photo shoot after the wedding or consider one of the resorts or public locations at many of the iconic casinos for the ceremony. The professional photo tour will take you on an adventure and the focal point will be the Neon Museum. This neon light museum was founded in 1996 by the Las Vegas city council. It has earned the nickname Neon Boneyard. The Las Vegas Neon Museum consists of a collection of the historic neon signs that featuring the many popular Casino sites of the past. Couples who elope with a have vintage Vegas wedding photos taken and it’s one of the best Las Vegas elopement packages to choose for your wedding.
Choice 1: The Main Gallery is a popular location for wedding and engagement photo shoots. It showcases the widest selection of historic Las Vegas neon signs but it is the more expensive elopement choice.
Choice 2: The North Lot is the most accessible option for photo shoots. It allows photos to be taken from 8 – 9 am and again 1 hour before sunset. During the summer availability opens up during the hot hours of the day. This is the less expensive and most available option. We like to combine services and help plan a Las Vegas Neon Museum wedding that includes the transportation. Choosing this option will allow you more time to continue on with more photos and combine the Neon Museum wedding with a Vegas wedding photo tour experience too.
Learn about our Neon Museum Photo Tour Packages
Idea Seven: Elope with a Vegas Wedding Photo Tour
Vegas is a popular scenic backdrop and the city wedding photo tour provides a guided photo tour and ceremony elopement experience. Many couples choose this option because it captures the city excitement along with the wedding memories all the way through the wedding tour. Photos will be taken in several locations and the photographer and planner will coordinate a done for you experience that makes you feel at home and yet pampered in this exciting city. Here are quite a few Las Vegas wedding photo tour elopement ideas to consider in Las Vegas.
Learn more about our Las Vegas Strip Wedding Packages
Idea Eight: Elope at Spring Preserves in Las Vegas
Springs Preserve: This location is a local Las Vegas treasure. There is a lot to know about Springs Preserve. We love to do elopements and weddings there. Read this article to learn more about eloping at Springs Preserve.
If you want your wedding to be more of a private or semi-private garden elopement at Spring Preserves is a perfect choice. It showcases many botanical garden exhibits. For this Vegas elopement option there are many simple garden options to include a desert water fountain, rose garden and private gazebo and arbors. After the ceremony, you may wander through the butterfly habitat and have photos in the various desert exhibits the park features.
Wedding Elopement at Springs Preserves Las Vegas
With the carefree elopement options listed in this article, you no longer have to stress about planning your Vegas elopement arrangements. With these done-for-you Vegas wedding package options, you don’t have to deal with coordinating your own wedding.
These simple Vegas elopement ideas will get you started choosing your ideal Las Vegas wedding venue to elope and lay a foundation for an iconic marriage ceremony without breaking the bank.
Contact Julie at Custom Las Vegas Weddings. She will help you plan your Vegas wedding elopement in budget.
Need to know tips to help you choose the date and accommodations for your wedding in Las Vegas
Selecting your accommodations
Of course, this is the first step you want to do when considering having your wedding in Las Vegas. When you prepare to choose both your date and accommodations there are important factors to consider you may not have thought of.
As a local vendor here in Las Vegas, this is information you need to know from a locals perspective.
Questions to determine when deciding on your expectation for accommodations: Decide what is important to you when you are choosing your hotel accommodations.
- Do you want to splurge and be pampered when you stay in Las Vegas?
- Does it matter if there is a concierge service to help you with the small details you might need to know about Las Vegas?
- Do you want to be centrally located in the newer more modern section of Las Vegas or would you prefer the Vintage Las Vegas?
- Will you be using the accommodations for double for having your wedding ceremony? If so, size of the room may matter and you would be better off booking a suite.
- How far is the hotel from the other properties you want to visit while here? Is your hotel within walking distance to your planned outings?
- Do you only want the bare minimums and are just looking for a deal? In this case you would want to choose an internet deal on your room. This appeals to those people who don’t plan to spend much time in their room.
Don’t let it overwhelm you: My advice is, don’t let it overwhelm you. When you start calling and researching hotel accommodations consider this, you are on vacation and you need to think it through before you call and be on the same page with your spouse as to your expectations for your stay here in Las Vegas.
Budget hotels in Las Vegas: If you want to have an elegant experience and not spend a fortune, you may want to read this article from Trip Advisor which gives an overview of budget accommodations in Las Vegas.
Consider having an in suite or resort wedding in Las Vegas
Hotel Suite: When you procure a hotel suite you may arrange the furniture in such a way to clear a space to stand for your ceremony. A lot of hotel suites have balconies to offer a view of the strip as well. You will save money if you have all your services in one location. It provides many benefits and savings to you.
Pool or Cabana: Your resort may also let you have your wedding ceremony by their pool area. Some couples rent a cabana if their wedding guest count is small. This keeps it intimate and private. Most of the smaller or off strip hotels might allow you to use the pool area. Sometimes timeshares will let you rent a suite and also let you use their pool area.
- Your guests don’t have to travel and you save transportation costs
- You can get ready and have your hair and makeup done in your room or in a spa at the hotel
- Your photos may be done in the room and after photos around the hotel property or choose to go on a city photo tour for a fun alternative.
Tip: If you are eloping during a holiday, you may want to consider staying off of the Las Vegas strip at one of the local hotel resorts. There are many nice resorts off the strip but still close enough to visit. Often these hotels have lower pricing and amenities.
The Resort Choices: Off or on Las Vegas Boulevard
Hotels off the Vegas Strip: This may be a great choice for you if you want to avoid the traffic and limitations you may encounter in the heart of the city. There are some great local hotels that might suit you well if you are having a scenic wedding in Las Vegas. For instance, if you are having a Red Rock Canyon wedding, you might want to stay close at the Red Rock Casino. This casino is a local favorite nestled in the upscale area of Summerlin Las Vegas. The hotel is luxurious, boasting an excellent pool, spa and concierge services and is close to Red Rock Canyon. Is it also close to much shopping in the Summerlin area.
The Orleans Hotel, Gold Coast, Rio Hotel and the Palms Hotel and the Westgate Hotel Las Vegas are a few of the hotels you may consider which are just down the road from the Vegas Strip but closer to the off strip amenities you might need while visiting. There is benefit to not playing the part of the captured tourist staying on the main part of the Vegas Strip. These hotels are still very close to the heart of activity but because they are not in the heart of the busy areas, there are benefits. First, you are close to convenience stores and restaurants that will provide cheaper alternatives for food. These hotels all have very nice properties and amenities you might want to consider for your wedding ceremony.
Vegas Strip weddings: If you still want to stay in the heart of the strip, and these hotels can double for a place to have your wedding ceremony if you don’t have a large guest count and are considering a Las Vegas elopement. Some of the suites do accommodate and give enough standing room for visiting guests there for a wedding ceremony.
- The Polo Towers is an affordable and great option to consider. I have performed ceremonies there at the pool area. It’s a nice option to consider.
- The Cosmopolitan Hotel (this link shows a video) has a beautiful wrap around suites overlooking the Bellagio Fountains and Paris Eiffel Tower resort.
- The Aria Hotel: Their suites can accommodate a good size guest count and provide indoor views of the Vegas Strip as a backdrop for your nuptials.
- The Venetian Hotel offers beautiful sunken living rooms in their suites.
- MGM Sky-loft Suites has great balconies that fit a large crowd of guests.
- The Mirage Hotel has a tropical atmosphere and beautiful landscaping with waterfalls and palm trees. It also has a habitat for animals and dolphin shows.
- The Mandalay Bay also has a tropical atmosphere and boasts a beach with a wave pool and beach parties during the summer as well as a shark habitat.
- The Luxor Hotel is a very unusual property that is a pyramid and it’s located on the Southern end of the strip across from Mandalay Bay and both are near the Las Vegas Sign.
Here is an article you might want to read which showcases what they consider to be the Best 15 hotels in Las Vegas. These hotels tend to be the more expensive choices but most people will want to splurge a little when it comes to their accommodations if they are getting married in Las Vegas. During your time here in Vegas you might want to get pampered and these hotels are sure to meet that expectation for you.
Guidance to choose your wedding date
Nothing is more crucial than picking out a wedding date. It is essential for planning to book your vendors. Most vendors need at least a couple weeks’ notice. If is even better to give notice of a month or more.
Photo taken from balcony at MGM Sky Loft Suites
Consider the season : You need to know, there are busy and slow times in Las Vegas that can affect your wedding plans. Be in the know about the busy and slow seasons.
Busy Seasons: The busiest times of the year are when holidays fall on a weekend. Try to avoid these times and the busy holidays. Hotel Costs rise due to supply and demand issues.
- Valentine’s Day – this is a popular time for weddings, book well in advance and gets advice from a planner.
- 4th of July – It’s not as busy as New Year’s Eve but still more costly to book a hotel this time of year.
- Memorial Day – Since it always takes place on a long weekend there are always droves of people and higher rates for everything.
- Labor Day – The same circumstances as Memorial Day. Be cautious when booking.
- New Year’s Eve – Las Vegas Boulevard is shut down to traffic from 5:30 to around 1 pm New Year’s Eve.
Major convention seasons dates are busy times of year:
Check the Las Vegas Convention Victors Authorities website ( http://www.lvcva.com/ ) to see if your chosen wedding date might be a busy time of year for travel and booking a hotel. The conventions listed below are some of the busiest times but there are also other conventions so be sure to check before booking dates.
- CES – Consumer Electronics Show takes place from January 5th through the 8th. Approximately 130,000 attendees descend on Vegas
- AVN – Adult Entertainment Convention – January 18th – 21st. Approximately 25,000 people attend.
- March Madness: the dates are March 14 – 19th. This is the time sports fans travel to Vegas to celebrate and bet on events.
- Rodeo Finals in December – Weekends of December 7th – 9th and 14th – 16th. Choose the weekday for your wedding and avoid the business or the last weekdays of December before New Year’s Eve.
Slow Seasons: Consider the slow season for your wedding:
There are several very slow seasons in Las Vegas. Each period of slower activity is due to various differing reasons. Consider the following facts and decide if it’s worth it to plan to have your wedding in a slower season.
- The weekdays before Christmas are slow. Not many people want to travel this time of year for a wedding. They are typically home for the holidays. Travel during the holidays may not be as pleasant but it is a very good time to get married in Vegas. You do want to consider, however, a lot of shows go dark during these holidays. Some restaurants also close down during this time. It is recommended you do your research and decide what is important to you first before you decide.
- The first few weekdays after New Year’s holiday: This is a slow time which may be of benefit to you. You are more likely to find better hotel deals this time of year. This may be a great deal if you decide to have your wedding ceremony and celebration in the hotel suite. Your hotel might also be more willing to upgrade your room as well if they know you are celebrating a wedding.
- The weekdays in July and August: These times tend to be less busy because of the heat here in Vegas. Nonetheless, this is summer and people often have time off then. You will most likely get summer hotel and travel deals at this time. Vendors typically are more available at this time as well.
- A slow gap in December: In between the end of the Rodeo Finals and a few days before New Year’s Eve in December are slow times and may give you a better rate for travel and hotel.
I do hope this article has helped you decide your date and accommodations to plan to get married in Vegas.
Here are some fantastic and inexpensive Vegas wedding package ideas.
Hopefully, it will help you avoid many of the common problems couples experience when they are unprepared. If you would like more assistance to plan your event here, please don’t hesitate to contact Custom Las Vegas Weddings to plan your Las Vegas wedding.