This article shares 11 valuable tips to set your mind at ease about the thought of eloping in Las Vegas. You may not have thought of these reasons but if you are on the fence about making the final decision to elope in Vegas, here are some valid reasons to do so to help justify your decision. This article will help If you need some justification or just want some great tips and Vegas elopement advice.
For instance, where will your wedding take place? What are the essential items you need? Where do you plan to eat and be entertained after you are married? These are just some of the elements of information you need to prepare beforehand.
1. Having an elopement in Las Vegas are easy to do
Even though choosing to elope in Las Vegas is is easy to do, it does require sufficient planning to make it stress-free and enjoyable. Las Vegas is the entertainment capital of the world and offers all the benefits and perks of a well-established hospitality mecca at your fingertips. The novelty of eloping in Las Vegas is the wonderful options you have and the myriad choices of things to do and places to experience your nuptial celebration. It’s a great place to start your journey and experience a fantastic story to cherish for a lifetime of memories to share!
2. Eloping is the no-guilt, stress-free solution
You don’t have to feel elopement remorse when you come to Las Vegas to get married. When you are prepared to tell your loved ones, they can hardly be upset when you tell them you got eloped in Las Vegas because it’s an accepted trend. Eloping in Las Vegas is an accepted option for many couples and you should be able to enjoy the experience without remorse. Vegas is the perfect place to come if you are planning to elope because it’s set up to accommodate your needs at a moment’s notice. Knowing it is the right choice for you and your partner is all that matters.
3. Not upsetting the VIP in your life:
Not upsetting anyone of your friends and loved ones is a concern but if no one is coming then everyone is being treated equally. This actually makes it an easier choice for you to make and many people love the ease of it. Create a plan to tell your VIP after the wedding. This will help you work through the process of how you want to tell them and how you want to say it. You can even create a script. This will allow you to carefully choose your words and to give you the chance to get out everything you want to say first before they start firing questions at you. Telling the people closest to you in person is the best idea. Telling them in person is much more caring and personal and should make a huge difference. Sending out cards or emails is appropriate for those you consider acquaintances.
4. The legal preparation is easier in Vegas:
There is a lot that goes into planning your wedding and the ceremony but one thing you can’t forget even with eloping is the legal prep. You need to ensure you register in advance, figure out what ID and paperwork that you would need to bring along and then once that is all done, you need to obtain the marriage license before going to the event location to do the ceremony.
Click the photo link below to visit our FAQ Las Vegas Marriage licensing page. This page provides a great resource and guide to get help preparing to get married in Las Vegas.
5. A Vegas wedding elopement simplifies planning
Planning an elopement in Las Vegas is much easier than planning a large wedding in Vegas but you still don’t want to forget the small details. That small detail could end up being a bigger issue down the road. Using a Vegas wedding planner that knows the ins and outs of the wedding industry in Las Vegas will best guide you if you are eloping in Las Vegas and will ensure your elopement is a safe and fun, stress-free choice. They can help you if you’re trying to budget your money because they know the local wedding vendors. A Vegas planner also will also be proficient enough to guide you and help you navigate the process and provide important advice on overall preparation. An experienced planner will offer an array of services and essential guidance making sure you simple wedding for two is an experience to remember for all the right reasons.
6. The advantage of informality: One of the greatest things about eloping in Las Vegas is your dress and wedding attire don’t have to be traditional or formal. Wear something unique and weather appropriate for the Las Vegas desert setting. A lot of wedding couples keep their elopement attire simple and opt for a simple vest or dress shirt and semi-formal dress. There is an assortment of dress options when you elope but none of them are required or expected. That is the beauty of eloping. If you end up needing some clothing assistance, there are many dress, tux and gown shops that provide last minute services. They will provide mobile, last minute services such as picking up your clothes and steaming them or providing the attire completely. This makes your decision a breeze and you don’t have to stress about finding the right outfit or not having choices if you forget to bring something along.
The weather in the Las Vegas desert setting is probably different then what you’re typically used to as well. Las Vegas weather is typically warmer than most places. If you want advice about the seasons in Las Vegas and average temperatures, view this article for more information. This article will help you prepare for the Las Vegas climate with essential seasonal tips for your wedding preparation.
The information may change the way you decide to dress while here. If the climate in Vegas is drastically different to your own at home, the difference may make you brave enough to be super creative. You might just want to come up with a unique look that will rock the desert.
7. A simple Vegas wedding saves money
The allure of choosing to elope in Vegas is the expense savings you reap the benefits of. There are many things you won’t have to contend with when you decide to elope. You will incur less expense if you elope in Vegas than if you decide to have a large formal affair. Below you will see some comparisons of each option. You will still have some expenses if you elope but less of them.
Expenses you will avoid if you elope:
- Pre-wedding dinners and parties (bachelorette and bachelor parties).
- A large reception with DJ: Reception venues typically cost $2000 or more for 4 hours.
- Food for all your guests: Food per person on the Vegas Strip starts at about $70-$100 per person unless it’s a buffet and buffets have disadvantages at times.
- Alcohol expense: Alcohol is a huge expense if you have an open bar. The more people you have the more expensive it will get for your budget.
- Decorations: The flowers, lights, dance floor and staff to accommodate setup and breakdown can be high dollar items in the end.
- Transportation for guests: Your guests need to get there and back. If it’s a large party of people (30-50) bus transportation is in the $550 range just for 3 hours.
- Receptions take 4 or more hours and cost on average $5-$10,000. Most receptions last around 4 hours.
- Entertainment: Typically, it’s a DJ although other entertainment can cost a pretty penny.
Expenses you will have – but less expensive:
- Wedding license cost (cost is $77). Learn more about costs here. Click to apply for your marriage license.
- Officiant for the ceremony. Ranges from $125 on up and more for scenic weddings
- Flowers (can range from $60 to $300 but depends how many, what kind, etc.) View flower ideas and choices for your wedding here.
- Hair and makeup (typical costs vary but average at $225 for traditional and $255 for mobile hair and makeup services in Las Vegas. Shop around for great deals.
- Tux and gown (for both around $300 to $500). Some dress shops offer evening gowns to rent and you may not need a tux if you go casual.
- Transportation: The most you will need will be a 6-passenger limousine which is not expensive.
- Cake: The cake will be much less if you decide to still have one. Many couples who elope have the cake at a restaurant. Some couples decide to order one and have it delivered to their hotel to enjoy later.
- Dinner: You will still want to go out to eat but the cost will be much less than feeding all your family and friends.
- Entertainment: You will only need to pay for your own entertainment but there are a lot of Vegas shows and options to choose from.
- Gifts: Since you won’t have a huge guest count for an elopement service, you won’t be receiving wedding gifts from your guests, unless you have some attending. However, it is customary for a bride and groom to give one another a small gift. If you brides have a hard time choosing a gift for your groom there are some great gift ideas on this site.
Also, check out this link to one of our best Las Vegas resource website about things to do in Las Vegas.
8. Saving on venue costs:
Venue costs will be much less expensive if you elope in Vegas. The cost of eloping in Las Vegas and choosing a simple venue is cheap compared to the cost of using a venue for a large group of guests. Las Vegas wedding venues typically cost $2000 and upward to several thousands of dollars to rent for a large event.
Renting a reception venue for a full blown form affair costs more because the duration of the event usually lasts 4 to 5 hours. The choice to elope means your venue will not be needed as long. The time spent at the venue for an elopement is usually one to two hours at the most but usually no more than an hour. Even if you have a unique elopement experience in Las Vegas, it will still be much cheaper than a full blown formal wedding. There are many great elopement venue choices in Las Vegas and they are much cheaper to use. You may also use the venues in creative ways that won’t break the bank.
For instance, a Nelson Ghost Town elopement is a fun experience and the venue for up to 10 people costs only $100 to rent the venue for an elopement. There are quite a lot of great options to choose for eloping in Vegas with fun venues that will fit your budget.
9. Saving on vendor expenses: Oftentimes your best deal when thinking of a Vegas Elopement, one often thinks of keeping it simple.
Hiring vendors as a DIY project is time-consuming and gets expensive. Hiring a planner that offers all in one service will make the overall experience more relaxing, enjoyable, and memorable for the right reasons.
Choosing this option will give you the experience and expertise of a professional wedding planner who knows the vendors and can negotiate down the costs for you. It’s even better if you choose a pre-determined and cost effective choice of a Vegas elopement package. Las Vegas elopement packages for two provide everything you need without the hassle of finding all the vendors yourself. For example, professional photographers can demand fees starting at $200 to $400 per hour. If you choose an all inclusive Las Vegas elopement package, your planning will be stress free and you’ll reap the benefits of the savings you desire.
10. Not putting people out: Some couples feel they don’t want the fuss of a wedding registry or feeling like they are making others obligated to give gifts. Some people just don’t want to put other people out and ask for gifts. Nonetheless, it is customary for a bride and groom to give one another a small gift.
11. Choices open up for creative options
For instance, when you have a small wedding for two people your choices for creative, fun and unique wedding experiences open up. You may choose to have adventurous or scenic wedding like a Las Vegas desert wedding elopement experience.
Fun Vintage wedding elopement: There are a lot of scenic choices you may consider if you want to be more adventurous. I have written other articles about this topic. Rather than thoroughly explaining all the different scenic wedding location options in Las Vegas available to choose from I recommend you visit this wedding blog for more Vegas elopement advice and ideas.
Making your experience unique doesn’t necessarily mean you need a lot of people there or that you have to spend a lot of money on a venue. First, ensure you’re doing what you and your partner want to do then let the decision go and enjoy it. If you want to make your experience especially unique customize your ceremony or pick a special location that means a lot to you and your beloved. There are a lot of fantastic ways to elope in Las Vegas. Choosing a fun and unique location to elope will make the experience memorable.
If you choose one of these Las Vegas desert elopement wedding packages, the planning will all be done for you. This means you will have a stress-free wedding experience. For a desert city, Las Vegas has a lot of different desert terrain options to choose from around it. It has Lakes, Mountains, stunning red rock formations, and an assortment of resorts that resemble a dreamy oasis setting and beautiful nature preserve settings. To many people who visit Las Vegas, it’s surprising Vegas and the surrounding areas offer so much natural beauty.
Las Vegas city resort elopement: When people think of getting married in Vegas, they typically think of having their wedding on the Vegas Strip with all the excitement and pizzazz. What researching couples don’t realize until they put effort into the search is, a Vegas Strip wedding costs a pretty penny, even if you go to a chapel. For that reason, many couples opt for a unique Vegas elopement and choose to have their wedding in a suite or resort setting. If this option sounds appealing
Get a plan before you commit
Choosing a Las Vegas wedding wedding company that provides dedicated wedding packages is the best choice for a wedding elopement in Las Vegas. Getting advice, guidance from a Vegas wedding vendor you can trust and implementing a good plan you can count on is going to be your safest option. This option will help you if you are trying to stretch your dollars as well as ensure you have the best experience you can possibly have.
Use a reputable elopement wedding planner:
It may be a surprise to hear this but if you use a reputable Las Vegas wedding planner, the decision will save you money and time in the end. Vegas wedding establishments can cost a lot of money and there is a lot you don’t know. A good wedding elopement planner will know the vendors you need and all the hidden expenses you will run into and will create a cost effective all-in-one planning in conjunction with vendor services to save you a pretty penny. A good wedding planner that is geared toward offering wedding deals is a fantastic bargain. This choice will save you money because a good planner will recommend and plan independent vendors that offer discounts. Those discounts will be passed on to you as a part of their services.
Wedding planning is a stressful endeavor but when you choose to work with a Las Vegas wedding planner who knows the area. This way the planner will take care of all the details and stress for you and wrap up all the services you need and make your experience effortless.
If eloping in Las Vegas is your dream then we hope these 11 tips make it an even easier choice for you!