Many wedding couples are now considering having a DIY wedding. Some wedding couples may start the research and desire to book their Las Vegas wedding venue on their own and for what they deem good reasons.
Las Vegas with its Casino world, the hub of glamorous shows and foodie hotspots can be a perfect destination for your wedding in Las Vegas. You see fireworks and stars when you look at your partner. So, why not take advantage of the spot where the lights never die?
Preparing for any wedding is oftentimes is an uphill task. It can create a lot of stress for couples who don’t know the wedding options available for a city they don’t live in. I have spoken to many engaged couples who tell me they feel overwhelmed with the options when they start to research where to get married. So, I decided to create this guide to help my wedding couples with essential advice they need to choose the best location that will be accommodating for their needs if they are on a tight budget.
Almost every wedding facility in Las Vegas comes at a hefty price for most couples. Having a $2000 budget is a very low one to have for a Vegas wedding and if you want to incorporate food and alcohol you will need to increase your budget if you are considering a venue for your Las Vegas wedding on the strip. However, we at Custom Las Vegas Weddings help out customers plan their Vegas wedding in this price range and even below this price range frequently. You will find out in your research however, even a $5000 budget will turn out to be a deficient budget if you have 50 guests and want a sit down dinner with alcohol included on the Vegas Strip. If you are willing to venture away from the Vegas Strip and will consider a Las Vegas wedding venue away from the main boulevard then you will have more luck finding a place for your wedding.
Weddings can turn out to be very expensive for couples on a tight budget. So, understandably, many couples are searching for alternate options. Chapels seem to be the go- to solution for a lot of couples. However, chapels typically only cover the ceremony and not the reception. Banquet facilities also offer all in one solutions but seem to get expensive with the periphery items like buying photos after the wedding.
So, what do you do? Where do you go to plan your Las Vegas event if you have a tight budget? Those are great questions. If you desire the answer, read this article for great ideas to fit your budget.
Affordable Las Vegas Wedding Venue Ideas
A Las Vegas Wedding Planner is a great solution for the budget conscious wedding couple. Having a wedding planner actually does help save couples money because they get special pricing discounts through the expertise and connections of a planner. Planners know the budget saving options and pass them along to their clients so you win in the end to have one.
The following 10 Las Vegas wedding venue ideas may help you brainstorm if you are considering a DIY wedding and are preparing to wed in Las Vegas but are cash strapped:
- Hotel suite: Have a Las Vegas Strip wedding and consider having your ceremony and reception in your hotel suite, and host the reception in a local restaurant or buffet. Loved ones will be on time and not have to worry about travel costs. Many restaurants also have separate rooms to rent for receptions or can make a section of the restaurant work for you.
- Hotel/Casino banquet room: Use a hotel ballroom for ceremony and reception. Some Las Vegas banquet rooms offer great options and Custom Las Vegas Weddings knows which ones are budget conscious. It’s an all-in-one solution, and you don’t need to spend more for the ceremony space separately. Give yourself the Disney Princess treatment without the crazy costs.
- Theme weddings and Vegas wedding venues: There are quite a lot of themed ideas you might consider ranging from Elvis to impersonators. You may consider having your ceremony in a Western Town, Las Vegas Vintage Ghost Town, Mystic Falls Garden, Wax Museum, High Roller, Haufbraus House, Sugar Factory and more. Only a local wedding planner would know how to assist you in pulling it together well. The planner will help you pair your theme wedding with a small reception and perhaps even a photo tour to showcase your memories.
- Party bus tour: Have the ceremony in a party bus, and host the reception at a theme restaurant or buffet. The party bus will take you on an excursion, and the final destination will be the restaurant theme of your choice. What about a climate controlled beer garden or many of the theme restaurants in Las Vegas?
- Local Parks: Use a local park for the ceremony and reception. This is a great choice because it gives you the freedom to customize the ceremony to your theme and vision. For example, a Red Rock State Park DIY wedding provides a beautiful backdrop as the sun sets to play with primary colors and enjoy the natural scenery.
Click this link to view Las Vegas local park wedding packages or customize one based on your needs.
- Iconic Retro Vegas: Pair your ceremony with an iconic landmark like the Las Vegas sign or the Las Vegas art district or Neon Museum with a Las Vegas wedding for two, followed by a private foodie tour. Foodie tours are popular and can be customized to let you experience a variety of Las Vegas food and restaurant experiences. Turn your wedding into an adventure.
- Pair your ceremony with an Elvis Theme ceremony and personal Elvis guided memorabilia tour. Elvis will provide the theme ceremony with songs and keepsake souvenirs. It’s a Vegas classic.
- Utilize a rental home to host the ceremony and reception. Using a rental home to stay and economize by sharing the house with family is an excellent idea. Many couples don’t realize they can do this in Las Vegas. There are many homes available to rent. Just look on VRBO or Home Away for homes for rent in Las Vegas for weddings. Contact the owner and negotiate the details yourself to save money. Then hire a Las Vegas wedding planner for day of coordination services for only the essential support you need. This will save you a lot of money in many aspects.
- Enjoy a scenic wedding excursion and pair it with a local or Vegas Strip restaurant after your scenic Las Vegas marriage ceremony. Destination weddings are about the experience, and the picturesque scenery will make the journey all the more memorable. You may even have a Vegas wedding coordinator plan the event affordably. A good coordinator will have a range of limousines and a coach bus service to allow your guests to come along and experience the excursion with you.
- Combine a ghost town wedding with an old school hometown barbecue picnic for your reception. Enjoy the whimsy and haunting, vintage mystery of the environment which you can reflect in your decorations and wedding attire. You never hear anyone complain about barbecue, either.
Keeping Within Your Budget
From minister fees, extra photo payments, DJ payments and Las Vegas officiant fees to boutonniere and a bouquet for the bride, hidden fees are commonplace. To stay safe from paying for what you hadn’t budgeted for, ask for a breakdown of everything that you will be charged for. Additionally, research the company well and let them know of your concerns.
Finding the Right Vendor Through Good Reviews and Feedback
It is possible to get robbed blind in the midst of the confusion about hosting a memorable wedding in Las Vegas. However, when you use a trusted vendor, you will not experience any glitches.
A reputable vendor often has a solid reputation as a professional with excellent reviews, a website and doesn’t charge lower or exorbitant rates. Use the web and ask for reviews from those who have been there before.
Just because you’re budget conscious doesn’t mean that your wedding has to be bland or boring. Plan a DIY Vegas wedding and use a Las Vegas wedding planner for your most essential needs. Simple doesn’t mean boring with a little outside of the box creativity, especially with our know-how at Custom Las Vegas Weddings.