Marriage Licensing

Find out all you need to know about what to do before you can get married

  • minister1 Marriage Licensing

  • minister2 Marriage Licensing

  • minister3 Marriage Licensing

  • minister4 Marriage Licensing

  • minister5 Marriage Licensing

title underline Marriage Licensing

Las Vegas Marriage License

This license must be obtained prior to your wedding ceremony in order for your marriage to be legally recognized.

Certified Las Vegas Marriage Certificate

This document is required by Social Security for name changes, INS (Immigration & Naturalization Service) or any adoption services and must be obtained after your ceremony.


This document is for Non-U.S. or Foreign citizens and is accepted as proof of Marriage by most countries and must be obtained after your ceremony.


In review what do you need? Everybody (U.S. and foreign citizens) will need the first 2 forms.

1.  Marriage License

2. Certified Marriage Certificate

How to get a Las Vegas Marriage License

Las Vegas Marriage License Requirements

title underline Marriage Licensing

1. Fill out the Marriage License Application FormBoth parties (you and your fiancé) are required to fill out a Marriage License application form. No one else other than the Groom and Bride will be able to obtain the marriage license on their behalf under normal circumstances. Call the Courthouse to ask regarding unusual circumstances: Phone: (702) 671-0600.



Couples using the online Pre-Application, should bring their Reference Number and required identification/documentation to an EXPRESS WINDOW at the main Marriage Bureau, or to a Marriage Services Clerk at one of the outlying locationsin order to obtain your marriage license. Your Pre-Application will be kept in the system for sixty (60) days.

Filling out the online form: Locate the Marriage Application tab at the far right. Once you have completed the form, click submit. Bring your reference number and required identification to an express window at the main Marriage Bureau, or to a Marriage Services clerk at one of our outlying locations in order to obtain your marriage license. Both the bride and groom MUST appear in order to obtain a marriage license.If you do not fill out the marriage license application online you will do so at the courthouse. To complete this form you will need to know your Social Security number. It is recognized that non-U.S. citizens will not have a social security number.

2. You and your fiancé apply in person for a Marriage License.Marriage Licenses are at the Clark County Marriage License Bureau. The Marriage License Bureau is located on the ground floor of the Regional Justice Center.


Clark County Marriage License Bureau

<<Visit Website<<

201 E. Clark Avenue Las Vegas, NV 89101

(Northwest corner of 3rd Street and Clark)

Monday through Sunday 8 A.M. to Midnight

Including holidays

Phone: (702) 671-0600

Alternate Site to Obtain Your Marriage License:

Henderson, Nevada Courthouse

Regional Justice Center

240 S. Water Street Henderson, NV 89015

Thursday Only – 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Closed for lunch from 12:00 noon to 12:30 p.m.

Closed all legal holidays

Phone: (702) 671-0500

The fee for a marriage license is $60, payable by cash, cashier’s check, money order, or credit card. Applicants may use American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. There is an additional $5.00 service charge for credit card transactions. Debit cards are not accepted unless the card is a debit/credit card. 


Valid Identification -Any of the following may be used:

  • Valid Driver’s License
  • U.S. or foreign country issued I.D. card showing your photo and birthdates
  • Passport
  • Military Identification
  • Resident Alien Card

There is no waiting period or blood testing required to get a Marriage License. Again, no other paperwork is necessary. Your Marriage License is valid for one year. In other words, you must have a ceremony within one year of obtaining the Marriage License. To get married you must be a Male and a Female no nearer in kinship than second cousins, or cousins-in-law, and not have a living husband or wife.

Divorced or Widowed Applicants:

Divorced applicants are required to list the Month/Day/Year when their divorce was finalized and the city and state where the divorce was finalized. The courthouse does not need to see a copy of the divorce decree. Widowed applicants are required to list the Month/Day/Year they were widowed and the city and state. The courthouse does not need to see a copy of the death certificate.

How old do you have to be to get a Marriage License?

To get married you must be at least 18 years old. Individuals 16 or 17 years of age, who want to marry must have written parental consent from either their father or mother. This consent can be in person or with a notarized declaration. If you have further questions regarding age requirements, please call the Marriage License Bureau phone number at (702) 671-0600 for additional information. We look forward to hearing from you and Congratulations!

Certified marriage certificate | Proof of Marriage | Required Name Change Document

Click here to order your Certified marriage certificate 


The Certified marriage certificate is required by Social Security for name changes, INS (Immigration & Naturalization Service) and adoption services. .These institutions generally keep a copy so it is strongly advised to order more than one copy. This document is obtained after your marriage ceremony.

Customers may order documents online by mail, or by visiting one of two convenient locations

An Apostille is produced by the Nevada Secretary of State and requires a Certified Marriage Certificate. Many countries require an Apostille for proof of marriage. It is suggested that non-U.S. citizens check with their local officials for special documents that may be needed to ensure the marriage will be recognized in their country.Once you’re married your Minister or Officiant is required by law to submit your Marriage Certificate to be recorded. Once your Marriage is recorded you may order the required documents to prove you were married in Las Vegas. Due to the high volume of weddings in town and the steps required to obtain an Apostille this can be a lengthy process.

Already married and need help ordering your Apostille? Contact us and make arrangements for us to help you order your documents. Varying fees apply based on your needs.

So which forms do you need? Everybody (U.S. and foreign citizens) will need the first 2 forms.1. Marriage License2. Certified Marriage Certificate






marriage license Marriage Licensing marriage certificate Marriage Licensing








Non-U.S. or foreign citizens in certain countries will most likely need to obtain the Apostille. However, we suggest you check with your local officials for special documents that may be needed to ensure the marriage will be recognized in their country.

Click here to contact the court house information page to call or e-mail them questions.

find out more Marriage LicensingWedding Ministers

Custom Las Vegas Weddings offer the services of a professional non-denominational wedding officiant.